Sunday, May 01, 2011

Poem: Rule and Exception

To see within myself the play of being
I once cut myself from rest of the world
but better than in this reflective self seeing,
I found its layers in the world unfurled.

The rule for me is always revealing,
As compared to me, a rare exception!
The way of the folk is far more appealing,
than mine own, thats a mere deflection
from the rule that allures the high to the low
and bids that exception to the rule should go.


A detour to a goal is something strange
for the reason behind its choice betrays
that it lies beyond our reason's range
for there were other shorter distanced ways
to approach the goal besides this detour
much shorter paths with a defined contour.

so why this detour, rough and ridged
is picked by the folks to reach the goal.
Who knows! But the detour may have bridged
more delightfully certain links in one's soul
and people loved to tread that longer way
to remind them of their lives' sunny day.

By

Khalid Jamil Rawat 

No comments: