Monday, May 09, 2011

Poem: The Curse on Internet

The world cannot be reduced to a computer screen
Nor my life to a room, a chair and an interaction,
between my mind and the internet.
This devil in my soul has risen to a height,
Where I want to crush its head with my will,
to set me free from this reduced world.

I want to turn my gaze away from this show
of commodities and the noise of marketers; a market ,
that sucks my blood , and keeps me faceless.

On the internet , identity dissolves, into categories, categories,
big and small, hiding individuals and manifesting types.

This web entangles to separate man from the earth, from the body,
and throws upward to make you lose your ground.

Groundless , hovering above the earth a man lives, who gives himself
to the web , and never gains weight . One loses without finding a gain,
in this faceless market of faceless people.

What I have to do with billions; to me a few are enough,
"One is always one too many around me", once said a saint.

Khalid Jamil Rawat




No comments: