Thursday, May 12, 2011

Poem: I am a Reader

I can't put together things to give them a shape,
Neither I am allowed to do so by those,
Who do this work, and make things.

I can't put together ideas or words ,
To shape a theory or a story
That is of some worth and value.
And the fact that I may not put together
Parts to create a whole , remains there.

So , I resolved that I am a reader,
And I am a reader par excellence!
For as a reader I only consume,
Ideas and commodities of others;
Others, who are more capable to produce,
Than me , a mere consumer.

My stuff is of a lesser quality,
I make things of an ephemeral value
The market does not accept my work,
and sends it back.

So, I resolved to remain a reader, and,
As a reader I see and learn whatever I observe.

By: Khalid Jamil Rawat

No comments: