Sunday, May 01, 2011

Poem: Madness

This madness always comes to me
Like a thunder like a flash,
And burns my branched thought's tree
With towering flames of powers rash,
I keep my cool and wait to see
the end of mind's agony.

Unnoticed comes it to my mind
Often at a lonely time
And turns my weary mind blind
And bids my consciousness to mime
A thickly withered cloud of smoke
That fills the minds of maddened folk

After this comes fantasy
I see a visage in the moon
A picture of my malady
Reminding me of life's noon
A form I loved with all my will
The reason for my being so ill.

At times when comes this sorrow mood
I lose my very appetite
I find myself a person rude
Who seldom sleeps or rests at night
No sleeping pill no tablet works
I feel spasms, pains and jerks.

Stone in palm and cough in mouth
With flaming eyes and angry face
I follow people north and south
With wounded feet's invalid pace
Till the darkness of the night
Hide's from me this very sight.

I come then to a road-stead
To take some rest and go to sleep
These dogs on street, an ugly breed,
away from me my resting keep
I somehow drive these dogs away
To be the monstor sleep's prey


Khalid Jamil Rawat 

No comments: